Please see the proclamation in the slicker room.
Commodore Mills received a proclamation from Suffolk County on behalf of the Shelter Island Yacht Club.
The Suffolk County Proclamation states that it recognizes SIYC as a premier Yacht Club within the County, State and Country and that we as a club:
- Preserve the long-standing customs and heritage of Naval and Maritime traditions from generation to generation.
- Provide economic benefits to the Shelter Island community and the Eastern End of Suffolk County.
- Stand out as one of the premier Yacht Clubs not just on Long Island but in the entire country.
- Pride itself on teaching and motivating the Island’s youth with one of the largest and most successful youth sailing programs in the United States, having produced collegiate All-Americans and Olympic sailors that are recognized in sailing associations around globe.
- Promote a welcoming atmosphere for friendships, community and all coastal, inshore & blue water sailors alike.