August 9, 2013
Monday Fun Night: August 12th: We will be having fun water activities in the yard, so please come with everything you need for an awesome time with the instructors! Please bring a towel and wear a swim suit. For JY Trainer 2 sailors and older from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Morning Sailors can come early and leave earlier, so that the afternoon sailors can slide when they get off the water. Please note that dinner will not be served.
The Opti 1’s will be going to Greenport during regular class time on Monday, August 12th. They will be sailing first and then taking a trip over there.
Club Series will be held on Tuesday, August 13th. This is for OPTI 3 and above during regular class time.
Please remember to sign you children up for PGJSA regattas online at www.pgjsa.org at least 2 days before the event. We want to make sure we have coaching out on the water at each event.
August 14th, Devon All Classes CHAMPS
End of Season Awards: If you plan on attending the End of Year Awards Ceremony on Thursday 8/15, please make reservations with Mark at the Main Club house at 749-0888 or by email at email@example.com. Please let him know how many people will be attending.
- Celebration of Summer Luncheon & Awards: Thursday, 8/15 RSVP REQUIRED
- Opti 1 & 2: The lunch begins at 11:45 AM with the awards and slideshow to follow Please note: Collared Shirts is requested for boys and appropriate dress for girls.
- Celebration of Summer Dinner & Awards: Thursday, 8/15 RSVP REQUIRED
- Opti III, Advanced, Laser and 420’s: The evening begins at 5:45 PM with Dinner, Picture in the front of the club at 6:30 PM and at 7:00 PM Awards and the Slide Show to follow under the tent. The Dance will follow at 9 PM – 11 PM. Jacket and tie is mandatory for boys and appropriate dress for girls.
- JY Trainer: JY 1 T/TH Class: On Tuesday August 13th there will be awards and Ice Cream at the end of class. JY 1 M/W Class: On Wednesday, August 14th there will be Awards and Ice Cream at the end of class. JY2: On Wednesday, August 14th there will be Awards and Ice Cream at the end of class. NO NEED TO RSVP, Parents should arrive 10 minutes prior to the end of class.
On Friday, August 16th, there will be a Program Wide Beach Morning at Wades Beach. This will run from 10 AM- 12 PM. This is a Parent/Child event and the instructors will NOT be there to supervise. By 1:00 PM, OPTI 2’s and above should be getting Rigged, Ready and Checking in for the LABOR DAY REGATTA.
During the weeks of August 19-23 and August 26-30, we will have group lessons available. This is a good time for sailors that are graduating to the next level to try out new techniques or a new boat. Cost for all sessions will be 90 dollars. Please call the J-Club 749-1829 or Jeff’s cell 860-867-6197 to schedule.
- Monday- Friday from 9 AM-12 PM will be the session for JY1 – Opti 2 and the groups will be set up based on ability.
- Windsurfing is available for Opti ADV and above, Monday – Friday from 9 AM – 12PM.
- Monday – Friday from 1 PM – 4 PM will be the session for Opti 3, Opti Adv, Laser and 420. They will work on fleet racing and boat handling.
- ADULT Windsurfing will be available, LIMIT 5 to the class, Monday – Friday, 1 PM – 4PM.
Please let the J-club know if you have any questions.